A man of heroic courage and unstained honor, known for his fearlessness and chivalry.
Bayard aka Abhisek Pandey, who got a mortal life 2 and half decades before in a remote village of India, happens to be an eternal wanderer, born entrepreneur, experimentalist, and a dreamworker. Ever since, I have been wandering across numerous places and moments. The travelogue broadly deals with the journey itself, in which I have gone through numerous ups-downs and experienced many diverse facets of life, have traversed through most kinds of living styles, physical locations, and social-personal-economical stages. Started the journey of life from a village, lived in many cities and towns, and currently residing at the capital (circa 2002). Primarily due of parental interventions, I have managed to get some printed documents which demean me by declaring that my capabilities are limited to deal with some hyper mortal occupations, like, Information Technology, Language, and Interactive Graphics. I keep confuting all such declarations though.
People identify me with too many different traits and interests of mine and they certainly differ with each other due the individual perception, unavailability of complete information, and inconsistency of mind. The problem with me is that too many things and activities interest me and I get messed up with them most of the times. Sometimes, I wonder whether I am leading towards being a Jack-ass of all damn trades.
I am associated with the industry since 2004, currently running operations of a small “IT Services company” that I started with my former boss in June, 2006. Here I do all those things that nobody wants to do or can do. The operations run around web/graphic products, web applications, marketing and branding, interactive graphics, multimedia products, and other creative solutions. Technically, whenever I manage to make interest towards this coveted work, I make sure that the team‘s interests wander around all latest developments in the internet and multimedia technology that can be incorporated with closed-source technology and creative products. The latest news is that we have entered in “product” business and scheduled releases of several products in coming months. Beside entrepreneurship, the four years of technology association made me messed up with few more useless skills (as they appear in my resume) like, internet technologies, products dev & management, creative and new media, strategic planning, webapp development, s/w operations, marketing, and post-sales. During student life, I was associated with ABVP, CPI, American Center, and Liberty Institute, which again proves that how wanderer yours truly is.
Entrepeneurship and India – two things that drive me to wander more intensely. Few accomplishments are to be registered very soon – a web portal “Dream India Project” and a NGO for overall transformational growth of the country. I have also nurtured a desire to start my own entrepreneurial venture based on my several projects. (previously I have been failed with 4 diff ventures – BPOs and s/w product). Quite passionate and dedicated towards some desires related to these interests – build “Dream India” and a global enterprise, and architect few global brands and products. In later days of my life, I’d like to spend my life close to nature (seashore or some hilly place) and may inclined to write few books.
A core Libran and truly rational(much before I read Ayn Rand). My philosophy is all about I learned in my life and further refined by continuous and aggresive thought process. It can be summarised into three words – life, growth, and celebration.
I started blogging in May, 2005 on Live Spaces, previously MSN Spaces. Then, started another blog at Blogger to archive my poetry collection and publish my new poems. So, I got two blogs, one for poetry and another for rest of the stuffs. I have recently merged my two earlier blogs into this new blog of mine.
Rational, Indian, alive, proud, intrapersonal thinker, passionate, individualist, motivated, ambitious, entrepreneur, technologist, artist, poet, writer, dreamer, philosopher, free, avid reader, insomniac, wise, mostly quiet but vocal when provoked, warrior, and perfectionist (at least as i pretend to be).
Philisophy, Psychology, Poetry, Writing, Music, Dreaming, Thinking, Debates, Travel, Languages, Art, Internet, Social Services, Nature, Meditation, Movies, Music Concerts, Design, Sketches, Colors, Education, Rural India, Sustainable Development, Entrepreneurship, Technology, and so on!
Communism, hypocrites, chauvinism.
— ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ —
– Bhaagwat Geeta, Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, [Ayn Rand], The Romantics [Pankaj Mishra], The Prophet [Kahlil Zibran], A Brief History of Time [Stephen Hawking], An Equal Music [Vikram Seth], Animal Farm [George Orwell], First & Last Freedom [J Krishnamurthy], Thus Spake Zarathustra [Frederick Nietsche], Autobiography of a Yogi [Paramhansa Yogaanand], Emotional Intelligence [Daniel Goleman], Interpreter of Maladies [Jhumpa Lahiri], Madhushala, Nisha Nimantran [Harivansha Ray Bachchan], Gunahon Ka Devata [Dharmveer Bharati], Made in Japan [Akio Morita], The Alchemist [Paulo Coelho], The Entrepreneurial Age [Larry C farrell], What should I do with my life [Po Bronson], Unlimited Power [Anthony Robbins], War and Peace [Leo Tolstoy], A City of Joy [Dominique Lappiere], The Argumentative Indian [Amartya Sen], We The Living [Ayn Rand], The Downsizing of America [Carlos R Faria], Five point someone [Chetan Bhagat], Himaalaya Per Laal Chhaya [Shanta Kumar], Jonathon Livingston Seagull [Richard Bach], Safar mein dhoop to hogi [Nida Fazli]
– All “Osho” Books (especially, From Sex to Super Consciousness, Jin Khoja Tin Paaiyan, Bhaarat Gandhi aur Main, The Path of Meditation)
– Hindi Books of Premchand, Fanishwar Nath Renu, Mohan Rakesh
– “Poems” of Gulzar, Harivansh Ray Bachchan, and Robert Frost
– “Articles” of Amartya Sen, S Ankaleshwaraiya Iyyer, Arun Shourie, Vir Sanghavi, and Shashi Tharoor
– Calvin and Hobbes (in childhood – Raj and Diamond comics)
– Reader’s Digest, Osho Times, Business Today, Pitch, Economic Times and articles from numerous web sources.
– “Previously liked”(do not read now) Sunil Gaavaskar, Deepak Chopra, Robert Schuller, Dale Carnegie, Shiv Khera. Have also read many Geeta Press and Communism books.
– “Dislike” Robin Sharma, Sidney Sheldon, Paulo Coelho (except Alchemist), Dan Brown (except Da Vinci Code), Chaudhary duo, and communist and self-help books.
Genre: world music, new age, fusion, indian classicals, trance, techno, celtic, ambient, alternative, pop, ghazal, progressive rock, folk, sufi, electronica, meditation, old and new movies soundtracks, and bhojpuri nirgun and sitar/flute/percussion/sax-soprano.
Gulzar, Kishore Kumar, Jagjeet Singh, AR Rahman, RD Burman, Lucky Ali, Silk Route, Enigma, Indian Ocean, Prem Joshua, Channulal Mishra, Shafqat Ali Khan, Hari P Chaurasia, Shiv Kumar Sharma, Ravi Shankar, Zakir Hussain, Lata Mangeshkar, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Pandit Jasraj, Shujaat Hussain Khan, Nikhil Banerjee, James Asher, Coldplay, Moby, Darius, Abba, Karunesh, Delerium, Lisa Gerrard, Midival Punditz, Trilok Gurtu, Bhupinder, Bharat Sharma, Bhupen Hazarika, Colonial Cousins, Strings, Enrique, Richard Marx, Shania Twain, Marc Anthony, Linkin Park, Vanessa Carlton, Alanis Morissette, Brett Lennen, Enya, Shantanu Moitra, Juno Reactor. Also, East India Company, Advaita, Raghu Dixit Project, etc
People: Ramgopal Varma, Mani Ratnam, Aamir Khan, Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, Urmila
Movies: Sholay, Rangeela, Dil Chahta Hai, Bombay, Sharabi, Satya, Hindustani, Rang De Basanti, Anand, Ek hasina thi, Hazaron Khwahisein Aisi, Page 3, Taal, Dil Se, Parinda, Yuva, Sarkar, Lamhe, Kaun, Herapheri, Jo jeeta wahi sikandar, Maine gandhi ko nahi mara, Omkara, Zinda, Mr & Mrs Iyyer; Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Schindler’s List, The pursuit of happiness, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Godfather, Matrix Trilogy, The Last Samurai, Artificial Intelligence, Mission Impossible 2, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars III, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, American Desi, The Sixth Sense, Goodfellas, V for Vendetta, The Terminal, Eurotrip, Before Sunrise, Vanila Sky, Cast Away, Before Sunset, Taare Zameen Par, Johnny Gaddar
— ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ —